Powered by Blogger.

6.5 Weeks Pregnant

More than likely, the baby stopped growing at 6.5 weeks. If there is no heartbeat, the liklihood of a miscarriage is pretty substantial. I had my first sonogram at 8 weeks pregnant. The sonogram showed 2 sacs. 1 with a fetus and the other was empty. The sac that was empty only measured 6 weeks, while the other is growing normally. Then again, you may have miscalculated. I would give it a week and go back for a second ultrasound. They may find a heartbeat. First of all I'm very sorry that you're going through this. I had the same thing happen to me in March. I knew exactly when I conceived. I would have been 10w as well, but during both ultrasounds I only measured at 6w. I had a blighted ovum. Its where the baby dies and stops developing but your body hasn't realised that there isn't a baby anymore. The awful part about this is you can still have pregnancy symptoms up until the point where your body realises there isn't a baby. Then you will begin to miscarry. I ended up having to have a d&c to get everything completely out. It was a very hard thing to go through. I am pregnant again and saw my baby's heartbeat at 8w 2d. So by 10w you would definitely be able to see a hb. Through a transvaginal ultrasound you can see a hb as early as 6w. If you do miscarry remember that the likelyhood of having 2 blighted ovums is very unlikely, and you can try to conceive agian after you have 2-3 menstraul cycles. Good luck n I'll keep you in my prayers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment